They’re creepy and gross but oh so perfect for a Halloween treat! They are only Jello, I promise but look so real it’s spooky!
What you will need:
- 100 count pack of Flexible Straws
- A jar, carton or anything that will hold your straws tightly in place
- 3 Cups of boiling water
- KNOX Gelatin (it comes with 4 packets inside, you’ll need all 4)
- 3/4 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- (2) 3 oz. box of Raspberry Jello or (1) 6 oz. box
- 15 drops of Green Food Coloring
Boil 3 cups of water and stir in Jello mix and 4 packets of Gelatin. Let cool slightly before mixing in the Heavy Whipping Cream then add your drops of green food coloring to get the earth worm color that you’re looking for.
Flex all of your straws out and put them in the container (make sure the bended part is faced down, so your worms can be sure to get that ribbed print on them)
Pour the mixture into the straws and refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm. I was not happy with how the worms were squeezing out of the straws after only 3 hours so I refrigerated mine over night. Before you squeeze them out run them under warm water or let them sit at room temperature for 15 or so minutes. They should squeeze out rather easy!
I topped a my “dirt pie” with these creepy crawlers and they are delicious!